Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ello me old mucker! Lets 'ave a little chat shall we? I just got back from a poker game at Dan's where I went up $65. Not a fortune, but certainly nothing to be sneezed at. It was a fun game. Bob has a gambling problem. I didn't want to see it up till this point, but as much as he know about poker, his tilt and desire to gamble on breakeven or worse situations proves it. It's a shame cos he's a good guy. At least he enjoys it...when he wins.

I wonder if it could een be considered a problem. When asked whether I would choose a monotnonous life of grey or a rollercoaster of highs and lows, I picked the big dipper. What is gambling but a swing back an forth between utter joy and depraved misery? Uncertainty certainly seems to pique the human interest. Evidence to be found in variable reward patterning being the most effective for classical conditioning.

I was down the other day for the first time in a while. It didn't last that long but it was pretty shit. I got back from the regretta and I was all moody because I didn't have a girl to come home with. What I found strange is that I kind of enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment