Howdy doody. Mr. Moody here with another titular blog spaz. I'm at work at the moment, watching brain waves laze across a computer screen like 2D mountain ranges. Not much to report really.
So far tonight I have set up my patients while watching My Kitchen Rules in full across each of their TV screens, played some NL50 heads up poker on my phone, and watched Futurama in the nurses lounge while eating spare beef stew and supping on hot chocolate. Considering I get paid reasonably well to do all this, I guess life is pretty good :]
I've spent the last few days sleeping under Ellyza's ceiling fan with her sister's dog curled at me feet. Poppy's her name, and while she can be a bit of a Madame at times, sighing with a quick turning away of her head, she's also pretty darn cute. Especially she runs and hides under the table after I give her an aeroplane ride.
Ellyza is a little emotional at the moment. Bloody hormones. It can be hard to deal with sometimes. Women can be hard to deal with sometimes, as much as I love them.
I called my mother up to check up on her and make sure she wasn't feeling too lonely and ended up making her cry. It made me feel bad. I rang her full of good intention but then got irate when she talked over me like five times in a row (while telling me the story of a friend who wronged her that I have already heard twice (and a hundred times in concept)).
More people need to start considering their conversational counterparts. It's meant to be a two way thing y'know? Not an opportunity for you to soak up another person's time with your petty rags of complaint. I remember Phil said a while ago that we look at conversation differently. I look at it as a chance to perform. He looks at it as a chance to take what he can get out of it.
I would prefer to talk to my way, personally. I made a mantra a while back actually:
(In conversation) "There is nothing to gain or lose."
I stand by it.
I've been thinking about stories recently. I want to write a few, but first I feel like I need ideas that are worth writing. I've been thinking about a Lego man with existential angst - unsure as to why everyday he wakes up doing something different and his actions seem to be completely out of his control. That last part makes it hard for him to be a protagonist though, and it would probably end up an insular treatise on human existence. Which could be good. But it's not really a story now, is it?
I also can't stop thinking about a badass pirate. In particular one twirling a musket once around his finger before firing a shot into someone's chest. God knows why. It just sounds cool I guess.
I'd better start on my reports. Peace, love and mung beans,
Dan.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment