Hello dark empty space. It has been a long and fruitful time since our last one-sided exchange. Life is good. The world has changed, or perhaps more accurately, my world has changed. The meaning is one and the same.
This affair is an unusual one. Usually I turn to the blog in time of darkness and despair. Today I have no woes, so what shall we talk about?
Let us go through the things on my mind.
Girls. Always girls. The lovely creatures have a fierce habit of ensnaring my mind.
Affirmation.
Confidence.
Providing more value in interactions.
Girls, as always, will take some time, so how about we start with Affirmation. That's an easy one.
I've been listening to an audio program known as "brain-sync," recently. At its base level it is a tool for meditation, supposedly aligning theta or gamma waves in your brain to throw you more easily into a meditative state. There is a whole menu of Brain-syncs, like a cerebral macdonalds. One of the options, which I have been listening to regularly over the past week, is called "create success." While similar in sound to the others, "create success" is supposedly sending inaudible affirmations into my brain, subliminal message style. Now the obvious question is "does it work?"
Well, it is hard to tell. I have been feeling content and happy with myself as of late, also finding myself generally less stressed in tense situations. I have a kind of lackadaisical nonchalance about me. Things aren't getting to me as easily, and I am happy just to roam around on my bike smiling at people.
The trouble is that, as with poker, this feeling could be falsely attributed to any number of things. Perhaps the new house? New friends? Getting over G? Pushing boundaries at the clubs even. All of these could have contributed in a greater or lesser sense. Fuck, it could even be the passing of Mars into the Venusian Nebulous. I believe, however, that the brain sync has played a major role in this development of happiness. One seemed to immediately follow the other. Regardless of objective truth, if I believe it, it is true.
That's another thing thats been playing on my mind recently. The power of belief to change the world. To change my world. The same thing of course. When on acid it truly dawned on me that this whole world is my own creation. A sketch created by my mind. I can colour, draw and photoshop it in any way I choose. Every human on this planet sees a different world. True, the colours and shapes may be the same, but there is a LOT more to reality than vision. Every thing, person and experience it shaded entirely by a person's experience and outlook. A spider for instance, invokes a kind of fear and loathing for me, whereas another may, when looking upon the 8 legged monstrosity, feel affection for the furry little bastard.
Our beliefs shape our experience, and our experience shapes our beliefs. Start tinkering with your beliefs, and the whole of reality becomes your plaything.
The next logical step, then, is to create some fun beliefs and plant them in ma noggin. So what do I want to believe?
That I'm happy seems pretty obvious.
Perhaps that I am completely irresistable to women.
That I am charming and funny.
I am adventurous.
Rawr done.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment