Just got back from a two week stint on the highways on East Australia. We rode six deep in a white minivan, freshly dinted from Robby's escapades with a car park column.
The trip was up and down. Beef between me and Lisa culled some of the merriment, but aside from that it was all rainbows and sunshine, well, except for the constant rain and general lack of rainbows and/or sunshine. But being wet ain't so bad. Sure you squelch when you sit down and all your clothing takes on a fragrant moldy musk, but on the bright side...err...who am I kidding rain is shit. But we didn't go for the weather. We went for the experience, and an experience it twas. From riding white water rapids on a two man inflatable mattress to being followed by balding perverts on a beach which you honestly had no clue was nudist, the trip was filled with adventure, intrigue and baked beans. Sausages too. More sausages than you can shake a stick at.
Anywho, I'm back in Brizzy now and the plan is to turn over a new leaf. No reefer and productivity to the max. We're taking some mushrooms we picked up in Nimbin tonight, so I guess my action satisfaction plan can wait till tomorrow. I don't think hallucinogens and productivity have a particularly good synergy.
Did a fair bit of writing on the trip, going to whack it down here so I don't lose it. Unfortunately the collaborative rap is in Phil's hands so I'll have to save that for a later date.
Random Scribbles
Oh life!
You remind me of a yo-yo
In the hands of an autistic child.
When I look at mother nature
I can't help but think
Of tits.
There's no way out!!
Who put me in here!?
Where's my phone call!?
Why are there many creatures
Just like but not quite me?
Ok so
As prisons go
It's kinda neat
But Biology you prick!
Must eat
Must greet
Must poo
Must always search for something new
What's my crime!?
OK there's been a few...
Like that time I
Nevermind
I'm just cursed
With Planet Earth
My magic, tragic
lonely hearse.
In conversation as in writing the trick is to be comfortable spouting shit until something good comes out.
White bright night
Artificial light
Alight from the nearest exit
Get those eggs split
Always chew
Thirty times
Or you'll end up writing
Dirty rhymes
On a two dollar pad
Packed in tight
With those you like
In a fucked up maxicab
I'm good I'm bad
I smile when I'm sad
On trial my style is straight denial
Hands bloody like a maxipad.
I'm just me no more no less
Though I confess
My chest balloons
From time to time
From rhyme to rhyme
My ego blooms
Writes a line
And busts into my mind's salloon
Slinging silver
Cracking in the air
Bares his barely hair touched chest
and grabs the nearest dress
at best
a seven
but seven's heaven
when you're a social pest
I'm thrown from black to white
Day to night
Manly man to tranvestite
Doubt it
Grips
me
tight
When there's no right
Or wrong
I long
For something to latch on to
a truth, a feeling
One real belief
Relief beneath this endless ceiling.
I'm lying front down on my pillow on a flaking turquoise bench top, eating an apple. The apple is ok. I like my aples crisp like a glacier. This one is more like a perspiring ice cube. Paxton is filling an ice packed powerade bottle with cheap red wine and Robby and Lisa are doing battle with broken pieces of tent spine. Mikey is doing something suspicious with tissues. Cleaning I think. Good for him. Robby is now wielding all four tent blades, one in each hand with the other two crossed behind his back, samurai style. He's making melodramatic leaps and spins off our makeshift furniture, swiping at phantom foes. Oh and he just jumped up behind me and slit my throat. Robby's face reminds me of a panda, but inverse and with shiny sunburn where the black should be.
The wind is strong and it is filling a bright blue tarp we tied up like the sail on a charging pirate's ship. Finished my apple. I'm quite full, but with the amount of THC in my system I could easily ravish the rest of our freshly bought supplies. Mikey just started dinner, and Pax and Lisa have gone for a walk to the nudist beach I discovered earlier. A couple of shirtless old men were following me until I rounded a corner and decided to run like lightning back to camp. I think it's best to stick around here...
I thought there was a God
Long ago
Before the to and fro
When my eyes were wide
And thoughts were slow
But then I asked the ceiling
"Let me know if you are there"
"Let me know if you are there"
Choke with me a while
Air is overrated
Breathing smoke
Placates
Sedates me
See
We are the same
somewhere there's a line
where we all die
ss sure as we're alive
shadows on the dial
so why would we .
Miles left to run
Don't know where I'm going
What I'm running from
Empty sky
It's there
It's air
A feeling in the stare
endless you's
endless me's
passing like
a gentle breeze
but when she smiles
I want to be
shadows on the dial.
I am the long shadows
Of summer afternoon
I am the sharp toothed shark
Heartless in the murky dark
I am five years old
Bouncing on my trampoline
In a ninja turtles mask.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment