Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mr. Bloggy

Hello blog. It's been a while. I've been busy.

I have a girlfriend now. Her name is Ellyza and she is perfect. She has beautiful blue grey eyes that remind me of the way light ripples beneath clear water. She is beautiful, intelligent, funny and pure. I love her. Although it's hard to cast my mind back fully, I don't think I've ever felt like this about another person.

I've been working a lot. Up until this week I was doing seven shifts a fortnight, which was proving to be a little too much. The line between night and day disappears when you're working through midnight hours. Weeks blur into each other and you can never quite be sure what day it is. Time begins to lose definition, and everything becomes a blur, like a slur of drunken nights.

I've cut back my shifts to try and get some focus back into uni, which isn't going well. I just checked blackboard and I missed the exam for literary studies. I'm also two weeks late with a short story due for a class that fails for tardiness. I will try and talk to my teachers and see if there's anything I can do, but aside from that I need to dive headlong into my stories. If I can put enough work into them, I might have some more leeway with the teachers.

I've started meditating again. It is so good for me. It's as if my life has started realigning of its own accord. That I am writing right now is testament.

My friends have started falling into the background. They are still there though, and that I get texts now and then to hang out makes me happy. When I'm enjoying my time with them I'm reminded that there is happiness to be had outside of my love life. That's a good thing to keep in mind, I think.

I love Ellyza so much that I ache when she isn't here. I try to remind myself that there is nothing outside of this moment, and that her absence is a construction of my mind, but that does not fill my hollowed out chest. Only talking to her can do that. Trying to bridge the gap between our hearts via telecommunication. Distraction would work too, I suppose. Writing. Socialising. Perhaps even flirting with other girls. If I truly care for her like I think I do, perhaps that isn't such a bad thing. They say true character is defined in conflict, so maybe I could test myself against the charms of the Brisbane female. I don't think she'd mind anyway. I dare say she would expect it from me, veritable lady killer that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment