Friday, August 30, 2013

Nick Cave

- is the man. He understands.

I updated my Asia blog a little bit ago, but I feel like some free expression now, free of prying eyes and my ego. I sorted my shit out before with some words. Bad poetry. I'll give it some time though.

/I feel distant
I like you
Reminiscent
of the view

somewhere in between the sun
and the sand
fighting off the commas
looking for an ampersand

Ok I got too caught up there. stopped writing and started editing. Don't do that. Silly boy. Listen to Nick Cave and and write like a good kid.

And so you know
I know
how you feel
though left unsaid
for fear of guilt
I liked the little house we built
on the dog

Some romantic bastard inside me wants to say that I'll be around.
but time moves quickly
and truth don't make a sound.

No regrets and no surrender
Have you seen Star Trek - the next generation?
"Oh I've seen everything."
..
.

Are you writing
just like me?
filling spaces
up with ink
I know why you felt blah (I think)
time's a meanie
don't go too far

But girl you're pretty cool
and it was mostly mad respect
that stopped me kissing you

perhaps you knew

every so often I saw the cracks
and so I just assumed
like with so much else.

the clouds are coming
I can feel it in the wind

can you learn to sing?

I feel like Butters in goth kids

Which is a good thing, I think.













No comments:

Post a Comment