Sunday, October 14, 2007

The art of the start!

What a cheesy title! Oh, wait...am I passing judgement? Should I do that? Is that good or bad!? Heh...just kidding, I don't give a fuck. But that thought did run through my mind. I want this blog, more than anything, to be an honest, accurate, and eloquent feed from my mind. No censorship. No trying to impress. No holding back. Nobody is reading this except me anyway, so hows about I just let loose? Cool. Radalicious. Nice.

The other reason for writing this is to log my experiences. To help me become a mental photographer. To help me grow, as I love to do. Thus there will be two styles to my writing:
Mental regurgitation and experiences. I...and I just had the urge to write we instead of I. Why? Anyway this is my explanation. To whom exactly? Is it truly necessary to explain things to myself. Is it, in fact, necessary to explain things to other people either? Wayne says be fuzzy. Be comfortable with being misunderstood. I'll try that.

It is Friday morning. I wake up early...ish. I feel groggy, and yet again perturbed by my dreams. I do not remember the details, but I remember the compelling sense of reality and emotion. When I dream I do not know I am dreaming. I feel emotion and reason just like I do every waking day. Is there a fundamental difference between dreaming and living?

Despite the warm fuzziness, I crawl out of bed and stumble around my room, looking for my phone to find out what time it is. I go to the charger by my laptop. It's not there. I groggily scan my bookshelf. Nothing. Unwashed jean pockets...Eureka!!! It's 11:04. I have about half an hour to get ready for my dance class. I read through Wayne's ebook and an article from Troy's blog, and feeling good walk to campus.

As I walk through the carpark I wonder if I will see Lynn. Nope. That girl needs to get off my mind already.

I get to class, a tad late, and everybody except me is wearing a shirt and tie. Wank. It's our foxtrot exam. I totally forgot. I see Sheree - my partner from lab last night, and we exchange pleasantries. We talk a little, and she tells me Allison, a cute and fun little poly girl comes over and says she wants to test with me, so my pride isn't too hurt.

I start to practice with Allison, and it just isn't working. I kind of have to squat like I'm taking a dump to dance on level with her and my arms are all rigid. We're dancing through the routine, and I feel awkward. I'm trying really hard to make it work, but I feel so rigid as we dance - there's no smoothness or flow. I feel like we know each other pretty well, so I say
"This feels kinda weird."
She says "yeah, somethings not right, but I have NO idea what it is."
I'm not sure either, and I don't want to have a crappy test. I also don't want to hurt her feelings. I say "how about we try a few more times, and if it doesn't work, then you test with your old partner."
She's cool with it so we dance a few more times...and I'm not feeling it. I rub her name off the board and search for a new partner.

I find Crystal, and we practice. We take dance position, and I can feel a world of difference. We mesh, and as I step forward, she follows. I can feel strength in her frame, and dancing is a breeze. We test, then we chat for a bit, and then I ask her to dance with me at Dancesport. She replies with an eager "yeah, sure!" and all is good. I'm happy Sheree tested with someone else. As she danced I noticed she actually kind of sucks, so I'm glad to have a different partner. What a fortuitous rejection :D

Class ends and I stroll to the library and borrow a couple of Nietzche's books. "Human, all too human," and "thus spoke Zarathustra." I love reading existential philosophy, it makes so much sense to me.

In the evening I Charlotte comes over and we go to the first Ice Hockey game of the season. My roommates come along too.

I felt strangely awkward around Charlotte. Conversation does not flow in its usual flirtatious manner. I think it is because I made out with her last time we met. I'm not interested in her at all, but she is a damn cool girl. Either way the game is fun. We walk into the rink, and the crowd is far larger than I expected. I see a bunch of my friends, and enjoy catching up with them. Especially Kelsey. She's a cool girl. At the game I made friends with some singaporeans, caught a ho-ho and won an Icecats water bottle. Result!!

After the game my roommates and I drive to Beto's and eat some tasty Mexican food. Except mine wasn't tasty. It was some nasty ass pork that had little hairs sticking out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment