little fingers felt the wrinkles
my fingers fat between
the withered bark
it seemed so simple
when I began to dream
I dreamed of crying vultures
I drank the falling rain
I sank beneath the sopping earth
and then I drank again
I sprouted in the winter
through a torso made of frost
the sunlight hid behind the clouds
celebrating Pentecost
I reached towards the stars
the irony not lost
taunting moon
harpoon sky
little fingers
made of
frost
reaching to
the light
circling
spiralling
higher
frag
ments forming
in the spine
silent
cracking
spire
sunbeams
burst
clouds
open
light spears
through
the heart
the winter gods
have
spoken
echo
fall
apart
shatter light implosion
splintered glinting sky
raining frozen ocean
swarming silent ice
foetal in the aftermath
curling sundered clouds
sunshine settles
on my back
steaming
arrogant
proud
little fingers felt the wrinkles
my fingers fat between
the withered bark it seemed so simple
when I began to dream.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment