Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Flicking lights the whitest stripes and hiding what's inside
A biro limping from my lip
fuzzy mind so tired
I've got to keep on moving
keep these digits on the board
must make something beautiful
to be beautiful

Mind reminds me that I am and always was
and I remind my mind to shut his face
he says why?
well just because
There's no need for reason in the cold.

Mind reminds ain't got much time
going grey yeah getting old
words are written heart gets smitten
but my story's never told.
Trying to convince myself I can't be bought and sold
That everything is right here now
Even though it's cold.
Even though my lids are droopy
Even though I'm told
That goals make life worth living
And fortune's for the bold.
Rhyme is far too easy
Where is the brilliance of my mind?
Where is the thing that makes me special.
Oh wait, no yeah that's right.
Can't escape the structure
Can't let the noose unwind
Must try must climb towards the ceiling
yeah you know the future's bright.
where exactly do you find
the words that light the sky
that sparkle bright like blooming stars
a lighthouse for the blind.
It's somewhere in relation
yeah things exist entwined
and the weaving flame of ignominy
is always close behind.
Stupid people stupid brains
keep looking towards mine
and I wonder why I care
And so to find the words I need
I guess it takes some time
A sliver or two of ignorance
And seven casks of wine.
Practice maes you perfect
however far behind
and words keep splurging from my fingers
though they ain't worth a dime.
Creation is the process
The present is the key
Although I sit here tapping words
of worthless ignominy.
I mean they all say nothing right?
So which ones work which swell
like bold ballons inside your brain
behind the wishing well
Imagery apparently
Alliterating metaphor
Chiming like a choo choo train 
While children toot the horn
The process is the power
The goal is far away
And the trick is just to keep on talking
Though you know you ain't got shit to say.
Just say a prayer, yeah pray.
not for idols in the future
for the idling today.
Why
Why not
Hey hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment