I have a lot of work to do.
I need to build my resume as a freelance writer. I need to write stories, preferably in the billions. I need to write, compulsively, and perfect my craft. I have talent, but that is flimsy, and minuscule, and grossly overshadowed by the raw forces that are commitment and willpower.
I must wake early every morning and leave for the library. I have the unprecedented luxury of free time, and I have been dicking it away like a lunatic in an easy-off trench coat.
You could be the best, but you are already 5 years behind. If you wish to win this race you had better put on your big boy pants and fasten them with a lead pipe, because you are going to have to run very, very hard.
This is going to take sacrifice. You cannot be out to 3am every night. You cannot stay awake, with bleary and bloodshot eyes, playing video games until the sun rises. You are going to have to say "no" to your friends. You are going to have to resist your infantile urge to escape into the digital dimensions. You are going to have to, for once in your life, have some fucking discipline.
You are going to love it. Now stop fucking around and do some work.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment