Ok I just got back from themes of western architecture. It was cool, but I hadn't done the readings, which made the tut kinda gay. So I'm going to do my readings now. And other stuff. Getting things done yesterday felt really good, so I'm going to keep it up yo!!
Stuffs to do:
Readings for history of western architecture - tick!
Finish Maquettes
Put clothes away - tick!
1 hour guitar practice - tick!
Draw a building
I was in class today and I decided that I want to start improving my architectural drawing skills. Improving my drawing will get me better grades in class, allow me to express my ideas with greater effect and also be of huge benefit to me in my career. It will help me sell ideas and just be a rad skill in general. So I'm going to start sketching buildings. Let's say, 3 a week.
THREE DRAWINGS OF BUILDINGS A WEEK YO!
My focus on creating presence is going semi well. It kinda stays on my mind, but it can feel awkward when I try and say things so succinctly. On the other hand, I think there has been some success with it, and consciously or not, there is a new kind of concision being worked into my expression.
An idea that has been niggling in the back of my mind recently is that of pure self expression. It was something I noticed Bruce Lee talking about in an interview I watched yesterday. He was saying that martial arts is essentially an expression of self through movement. While it is easy to give a display of cockiness, it is not so simple to purely and honestly express yourself. I think all the social study I have been conducting over the past few years essentially comes down to this. A desire to express myself entirely, and to be understood. To be understood...perhaps a common goal of humanity. I have noticed how much people enjoy having their statement retold to them in a different (especially more eloquent) manner. Also how eager some people are to be told about how they act, perhaps because they are unsure of who they are themselves.
I'm noticing a change in myself. I am becoming more self involved. This, I believe was a goal from a while back, along the lines of the whole "this is my reality" concept. I was in my tut today, and said something I'd just figured out aloud. Apparently this dude Lachlan was halfway through reading something and I had just cut him off with some random thought that crossed my mind. I was like "Oh really? He was talking?" and Armani told me I was a terrible person :] I think Lachlan's a choad anyway, but I find it interesting that I did not even registered him.
My own talking is becoming less focused on other people's reactions and more on my desire to express myself. This is good because it shows that the concepts I have being moulding my brain into believing are beginning to take shape. Whether the belief itself is beneficial remains to be seen, but it is encouraging to see that I truly can craft my own belief system.
I think it is creating polarity. Some people love it, others not so much. Is this good or bad? Well what I've read would say it's good. Peronally I'm on the fence, leaning towards good. The people who don't like it don't really matter to me anyway.
This concept of me being the centre of my universe is an interesting one. As much as I like the idea of basing my happiness on things under my control, I also seem to be losing the little empathy I have for others. I am becoming more selfish and only child like. I certainly do no want to step into the realm of arrogance. I would like to add a dash of humility, and I think I know how. Disqualification. When I am done with presence perhaps that's what I'll move onto. Either that or relating to others emotionally. We'll see.
Mikey is becoming more and more wrapped up in Real Social Dynamics. I probably should have foreseen this. He is impressionable. It has certainly been for his benefit, as he has come out of his shell hugely recently, and to be honest, I think that socially, he has grown up. The bad part is that if he continues it's probably going to take him over. He came into my room this arvo and asked how last night was. I said "awesome," and he asked "did you approach any girls?" to which I replied "nope!" He said "well that sucks," and I said "uhh...not really," with a smile. I had a sick time chilling with Pen and Phil and making it fun for all of us. Unfortunately he is in Pickup Artist mode, and can't see outside of it. What!? You went out and [i]didn't[/i] hit on girls!? Blasphemy!! Ah well. Hopefully he'll see it. Good luck to him :]
I'm gonna lie down for a bit. Then onto reading. Hooah!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment