Your body... is like a condom. You only get to use it once.
So yeah today has been pretty zen. Had three hours of history of western architecture, which was interesting and boring at the same time :] I keep teasing my tutor, and I think she's stuck between finding it amusing and annoying. I find it quite amusing. I have been very much in the moment walking around today. Detached from the world. I still recoil a bit when I spot value, but I'm learning to maintain my state. With practice it should become more constant.
I've been reading zen flesh, zen bones all day. Mostly "the gateless gate." It's quite fascinating. The whole point seems to be to show confuse you, and thus exposing the mind for what it is. Often it tempts you with an offer, like if you can do this, you will get this, however I believe there is some intentional irony here. It's as if the writer is taunting me. Anyway whoever wrote it is good at what they're doing. It's like someone short circuited my brain, and the lack of cogitation has left me quite happy and present. All this thinking about girls really is just my ego mind latching onto something. I need to remember this. Overthinking is ONLY detrimental. The most attractive thing I can do is enjoy my life without the need for validation from anybody. Funnily enough, that's also the most awesome way to live life. WIN WIN!!
Turns out everyone thinks I hooked up with pen on the weekend. Completely ridiculous. Although I think she may have propositioned me last night. She was like "if we haven't sorted our stuff out with blah blah and blah blah, we should just hook up this weekend." I kinda blew it off by assuming she meant with other people, but I took a look at her eyes, and there was some vulnerability there, so I think it's ok.
Bronwen seems to have deleted most of her facebook, which is interesting. We didn't part on the best of terms after our chat last night. It wasn't like really bad, but I did say that sometimes getting to know her is like pulling teeth. /facepalm. I think she's quite sensitive, so I may have upset her. Dunno though. Mere speculation. I'll just have to be real nice to her next time we chat. I got a bit too attached after our date on Friday, and started putting all my happiness on her, which led to frustration when I wasn't getting the responses I wanted. Silly boy!! Oh well, lesson learned. Tough stuff :] What's cool is that even if I wasn't to see her again, I know that I can keep being happy. I'm keepin it zen, and what do I need for that? Nothing!! I actually have a feeling she might flee now. We'll see. I'll probly try and get in touch with her tomorrow if I'm not busy. Gotta remember though - keep it zen!! KEEP IT ZEN!!!
Must keep up with architecture. We have some stuff due on Thur/Fri. I must do it tomorrow or Wednesday.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment