Sunday, April 25, 2010

Life update time.

It's Sunday morning and I have just risen after three hours of thought ridden purgatory. Last night Warren, Rachel, Pen, Alice and I cabbed our way to the glitzy grunge of the valley to see a band called "Die! Die! Die!" Despite the ridiculous name, they turned out to be rad, in a headbanging motherfucking kinda way. We rocked up halfway through the set after some taxi issues, which on the one hand sucked, because the band was cool, but on the other was awesome because we didn't have to pay the entry fee. Except for Warren, who had paid in advance :]

After the gig the girls abandoned us for gossip land, so me and an inebriated wozza took to the sarge. We're sitting downstairs on the low leather benches when a cutie from the group next to us came and sat in the bubble chair opposite me. I mentioned to Woz something like "Damn look at those shoes," to which he replied "you should tell her you like her shoes." In a mask for my shyness I said it was lame, to which he responded by leaning over to the girl and saying "Hey, my friend likes your shoes."
Primary school style. Aghast, I looked at her and nodded blankly. She started rubbing them as she told me they change colour. I was relatively silent, but I reached over and played with her shoes as she showed off her matching handbag. We were attempting to talk, but every time one of us spoke the other replied with "what!?" Alas, space and sound were working against us, and neither was willing to budge. I tried to coax her over next to me by patting the seat next to me, but she didn't seem to like the idea. In retrospect, it may have been because her friends were watching. Girls don't want to look needy in front of other girls, which is why we have to lead. Perhaps I could have held out my hand and pulled her over. We had some fleeting snatches of conversation and then she asked me to get her sister's attention (whose birthday it was). I tapped her (hot) sister on the shoulder and Elise asked her if she wanted to go dance, which she didn't. So Elise ran off on her on and I stayed talking to Woz. A few minutes later she comes back down the stairs and talks to one of her friends, bending over in the process and revealing the most perfect white ass I have ever seen. It was beautiful. For a second I believed in God. So I went to get a drink while Woz was going to bathroom, but when I got to the bar the barmen were trying to impress some girls with tricks. Realizing that hanging around would be boring I went to go upstairs. I ran into Woz, who somehow convinced me to give the money to him so he could get the drinks. So he ran off to get drinks, and lo and behold, Elise was sitting where I just was. I sat down next to her, tapped her shoulder and asked "what colour is your hair beneath the peroxide." She pointed at her eyebrows. I smiled, rolling my eyes to the right and said "ok, redundant question, why did you dye it?" She looked at me and said "because it's true, blondes really do have more fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment